|Because the manger was not listed as a standard housing unit |
or abode, Mary, Joseph, and their new baby were undercounted.
The City of Bethlehem, noting such shoddy work was endemic
for Census0000, sued the Roman Empire for greater
representation in the Senate, but they were unsuccessful.
It's still Christmas Eve here in the Aloha State, and I'm still working on end-of-semester stuff and I'm stuck in Honolulu (plus my MacBook Pro is giving me rare headaches — and rare headaches are often huge headaches), so I thought I'd post some links to past Christmas-themed posts.
- My first-ever Christmas post, from 2005, which included the above picture of a Korean-themed Nativity and a brief explanation of why Christianity took off as it did in Korea.
- My Christmas post from 2008, which includes a very snowy Big Island. I'm not sure, but I think NORAD tracks Santa from there (also in 3-D).
- Here's hoping for a white Christmas in Hawaii again this year (the picture at right is Mauna Kea right this moment). It's 80°F here on Oahu, at least in California it's chilly enough to feel like Christmas.
- Don't care much for gingerbread-flavored lattes at Starbucks.
- Somewhere in Kim Jong-il's plot to take down South Korea's giant "Christmas tree" at Aegibong is the plot to Team America 2.
- We've been celebrating Christmas since October here in Honolulu.
- Story #6 from last Christmas: North Koreans detain "obese, jocular deer herder" who crosses Tuman River.
Sometime after Christmas I may write up about a conversation I had with "M," who is a Japanese Catholic, and her disgust that the birth of Christ has become a day for couples to get laid. Anyone in South Korea knows that Christmas for non-Christians (Catholics and Protestants alike) has morphed into a second Valentine's Day (making it hard to get reservations at restaurants and hotels in Seoul as well), so the idea may be familiar.
Feliz Navidad, Buon Natale, and Merry Christmas to all!
Roboseyo has two videos that, I think, can really make your Christmas Day. Their only downside is that they're both too short.
Post a Comment
Share your thoughts, but please be kind and respectful. My mom reads this blog.