A quick edition of the Daily Kor (i.e., fewer sources than usual). And June Gloom
is getting me down. At least my mortgage not going up (story #2) is something cheer me up.
- South Korean court forces Apple to pay 1 million won (US$945) to plaintiff over secret iPhone tracking (WaPo, Reuters, Yonhap)
- With a watchful eye on Europe and rising inflation at home, South Korea's central bank leaves key interest rate at 3.25 percent (AP via WaPo, Korea Times, Bloomberg, Yonhap, Joongang Daily)
- IOC Chairman Jacques Rogge says North Korea will have no role in co-hosting 2018 Winter Olympics to be held in and around Pyongchang County (Reuters)
In-coming US Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Admiral Mike Mullen says threat of North Korean provocations "remains very real" as Pyongyang works to strengthen leader Kim Jong Il’s successor, urges Beijing to play "a leadership role" in restraining DPRK (AP via WaPo, Reuters, AFPS, Bloomberg, Yonhap)
- Rogge urges Tokyo to maintain its bid for 2020 Summer Olympiad despite South Korea hosting in 2018 (AP via WaPo)
Samsung-commissioned study says cancers at semiconductor facilities unrelated to work for Korean conglomerate (AP via WaPo, Yonhap)
GM Korea workers reach wage deal that ends partial strike (WSJ)
ROK Foreign Ministry slams Japanese counterparts after Tokyo calls for one-month boycott of Korean Air after flagship South Korean carrier flies around South Korea-held islets claimed by Japan in exhibition flight of new Airbus A380 carrier (Yonhap, Reuters)
Thor and Ugba declare victory against Scandinavian condo (AFP)
- Japanese delegation in Washington urges US not to provide food aid to North Korea (AFP)
Post a Comment
Share your thoughts, but please be kind and respectful. My mom reads this blog.