Thursday, February 9, 2012

Have you been filing your taxes?

Apparently a lot of people living in South Korea or other countries fail to file their taxes. The IRS is not only onto this problem, they seem to be offering avenues to get the problem cleared up without any penalty.

In a nutshell, if you don't owe any money thanks to the Foreign Earned Income Exclusion or foreign tax credits (two ways to avoid paying US Federal taxes if you live full-time in Korea), then the penalty is zero, but you need to get it squared away.

A great deal of information can be found at this website.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, but please be kind and respectful. My mom reads this blog.