Meanwhile, here's a bit of good news from the Korean War, which ended 57-1/2 years ago: two Filipino soldiers declared missing since the Forgotten War have been found, alive. They are 81-year-old Francisco Salac, 81 and 83-year-old Victoriano Manalastas. Not sure what to make of that.
- 11,500-ton South Korean freighter with twenty-one crew aboard hijacked by Somali pirates in Arabian Sea (AP via WaPo, UPI, Reuters, Bloomberg, Joongang Daily)
- Meeting in Seoul, South Korean and Japanese Prime Ministers present unified front against North Korea (AP via WaPo)
- Japanese FM Seiji Maehara urges North Korea to take concrete action and improve ties with Seoul (Yonhap, Korea Times)
- ROK National Security Adviser says North Korean regime faces "internal demise" unless it yields to global pressure (PBS, AP via WaPo)
- US Secretary of Defense Robert Gates warns of "disconnect" between China's military and civilian leaders (BBC)