- Possibility of North Korea having sunk Chonan seen as greater after observation makes damage from external source most likely possibility (Reuters, WaPo, BBC, UPI, AP via WaPo, Bloomberg, CNN, Yonhap)
- Samsung says workers at chip-making plant do not face higher cancer risk (AP via WaPo, Financial Times, Korea Times, Joongang Daily)
- Korean Air joins other carriers in canceling flights to Europe because of ash from Iceland volcano (Reuters, Bloomberg)
- Justice Ministry says suspects in sex offense cases will be subject to full identity disclosure (Yonhap, Joongang Daily)
- Police investigate accusations of professional StarCraft match (BBC, Korea Times)
- North Koreans mark birthdate of DPRK founder Kim Ilsung, while defectors and anti-Pyongyang activists mark occasion with propaganda-laden balloon launch near DMZ (Yonhap)
- Critics of President Lee note that the Chonan would never have sunk if it had been riding on top of one of these in the first place (Yonhap)
Friday, April 16, 2010
Daily Kor for April 16, 2010
Another quick-and-dirty edition today, as I went to Byodo-in Temple and Lanikai early in the day.
Anyway, I thought this picture of the volcano beneath Iceland's Eyjafjallajokull glacier totally kicked ass, which is why I put it up there. The smoke and ash led to flights across Europe being canceled, including those from South Korea. And I must say, Iceland looks pretty green for April.