In the meantime, while glancing up from what has been amateurish play at times (seriously, AYSO champions do better than some of this), I've decided to take a somnambulistic stroll down memory lane and link to my 2006 World Cup posts (I was not blogging in 2002, so I don't have any of those).
- June 14, 2006 — "An evening stroll," describing a walk downtown to watch South Korea defeat Togo, but without looking up at the big screens.
- June 19, 2006 — "Somnambulistic in Seoul," about the same thing, but in relation to the 1-1 draw with France. After which the French surrendered.
- June 24, 2006 — "Seven things to make you feel better now that Team Korea is out of the World Cup," a self-explanatory title, although the one about Pyongchang being the frontrunner for the 2014 games turned out to be, um, wrong.
- June 26, 2006 — "Expat bloggers with frog-in-the-well syndrome?," examining some anglophone bloggers' and commenters' attitudes toward Korea. It includes a now-dead link to this story, about South Korean fans cleaning up Leipzig after the match.
- June 26, 2006 — "15 centimeters of fame," about a still infamous pants-dropping spectator.
By the way, if you haven't seen it, right here's a very handy calendar of the various matches and the scores of those already played. You can look things up by country, date, or location.