Now before you raise your hand, and say, "Kushibo, what the hell?! Why do they only protest American things?!" Well, actually, there was also considerable opposition when the Chile-Korea FTA was passed as well. So let's just put that meme to rest, too.
- Associated Press signs memorandum with North Korean regime to open news bureau in Pyongyang (Monster Island, AP via WaPo)
- Monsoon lashes Seoul and Kyŏnggi-do Province with 17 centimeters (6.7 inches) of rain (Joongang Daily)
- Republicans opposed to renewing Trade Adjustment Assistance intended to help workers displaced by trade pressures threaten to stall ROK-US free-trade agreement (LAT)
- More than 15,000 protests march in opposition to high college tuitions and FTA (Yonhap)
- US President Barack Obama stresses need for FTA passage in order to reduce trade imbalance with South Korea (Yonhap)
- National Assembly passes Korea-Peru free-trade agreement (Yonhap)