|From story #6|
Well, it's officialy, Ban Kimoon is a two-termer. I think story #3, about President Lee going to South Africa for the vote on hosting the Olympics next month, is the potentially the most notable. It worked for Vladimir Putin in 2007 when he went to the IOC meeting and gave all the Europeans the evil eye; I'm not sure if the Bulldozer can inspire such fear if he doesn't get his way, though, looking as he does, like Marilyn Manson without the make-up.
- UN Secretary-General Ban Kimoon formally elected to second term by United Nations General Assembly (AP via MSNBC, Xinhua, AFP, Yonhap)
- Korean Air to acquire up to thirty CS300 regional aircraft from Québec-based Bombadier Aerospace (AFP, Bloomberg)
- ROK President Lee Myungbak will attend vote on 2018 Winter Olympics hosting to be held in South Africa in July (Reuters)
- Following Marine shooting at Asiana Airlines jet near Kyodong-do Island after mistaking it for North Korean military plane, Beijing asks Seoul to ensure air safety of civilian aircraft (Reuters)
- Defector's file reports with South Korea's human rights commission over abuses received in North Korean jails (AFP)
- Two killed when Russian-made Air Force training jet crashes in North Ch'ungch'ŏng Province (Yonhap, Joongang Daily)
- Seoul shares rise 1.4 percent as fears of Greek default subside (Reuters)
- Korea-EU trade deal may see Korean Air rise above Cathay Pacific to become world's largest international air cargo company (Bloomberg)
- ROK Econ Minister says South Korea will seek ways to encourage LPG as an alternative to natural gas (Reuters)
- President Lee says university restructuring should occur before the government gives them financial support to lower tuition (Yonhap)
- Woody Allen reportedly spending $100 million to open bio research institute aimed at figuring out how to put White boobs on Asian women (Hollywood Reporter)
Post a Comment
Share your thoughts, but please be kind and respectful. My mom reads this blog.