I hope the skies are beginning to clear, but in case they're not, maybe you can sit back and watch the US-DPRK match at the FIFA Women's World Cup in Germany. There's a lot of buzz about it
as the American team works to defend their championship. I think. My only interest is whether someone takes their jersey off after a win.
- South Korea agrees to lift eight-year ban on Canadian beef imports that was triggered by discovery of Mad Cow Disease (Bloomberg, Yonhap, Korea Herald)
- Korean government announces plans to go after gas stations that stockpile or refuse to sell fuel (Bloomberg)
- Auto exports bring ROK current-account surplus to seven-month high of US$2.26 billion (Bloomberg, Yonhap)
One day before their arrival, North Korea issues ultimatum to South Korean business owners over frozen Kŭmgangsan resort assets (Yonhap, AP via WaPo)
Hanjin Heavy Industries union calls off six-month strike (Korea Times, Joongang Daily)
North Korea remains on list of worst offenders of human trafficking (Korea Times)
Former goalkeeper of Korea Republic national team admits to match-fixing (AFP, AP via SI)
Republicans in New York admit their vote to legalize same-sex marriage was to "finally put an end to all those danged gay pride parades" (AFP)
- Leading US House of Representatives Democrat who supports US free-trade agreements with Korea and Panama opposes FTA with Colombia (Reuters)
- ROK cabinet passes bill that imposes safeguards that protect local businesses in wake of EU-ROK FTA (Yonhap)
- In meeting with President, opposition leader Sohn Hakkyu demands ROK-US FTA be renegotiated (Joongang Daily)
Post a Comment
Share your thoughts, but please be kind and respectful. My mom reads this blog.