Today is a quick-and-dirty edition, since I've got places to go and things to do this Good Friday (which is actually a holiday here in the Aloha State, where it is still Friday). But the Chonan
story retains its top position in a big way, with the Defense Minister suggesting that it might have sunk due to a torpedo. The above graphic from the Joongang Daily
'splains it all (click for slightly larger version).
- Kim Jong-il believed to have entered PRC for meeting with Chinese leaders in Beijing (links here)
- South Korean Defense Minister says torpedo may have sunk Chonan (Reuters, BBC, AFP, Yonhap, Joongang Daily, Korea Times)
- Body of crew member of fishing boat that sank near Chonan is recovered (Yonhap, AP via WaPo)
- President Lee mulls bolstering South Korea's "effective control" of Tokto in response to Tokyo approving textbooks calling the islands Japanese territory illegally occupied by Seoul (Joongang Daily)
- Dongah official receives 22-year sentence for embezzling $160 million (Korea Times)
Techs and automobiles bring KOSPI to 21-month high (Reuters)
Coach Brian Orser calls for intervention amid signs Kim Yuna is turning into an ajumma (Yonhap)
- In China, he would simply be executed
Post a Comment
Share your thoughts, but please be kind and respectful. My mom reads this blog.