This is a quick-and-dirty edition of the Daily Kor. I'm off to Kaena Point to see the monk seals and, if time permits, check out some "Lost" locations in the area.
- North Korea executes by firing squad party official deemed to be responsible for botched currency revaluation (links here)
- North Korea threatens to seize South Korean-held assets at Mt Kumgangsan resort as retaliation for Seoul not allowing tours to resume (Yonhap)
- Ahead of likely visit by ROK President Lee Myungbak, Japanese foreign ministry reiterates stand that no individual reparations for South Korean victims of Imperial Japanese rule, saying matter was conclusively dealt with in 1965 treaty (Yonhap)
- Rape and murder case involving Kim Kiltae transferred from police to prosecution, which may reinvestigate crime (Joongang Daily, Korea Times)
- ROK and US lawmakers form bilateral task force to push for ratification of KORUS free-trade agreement (Korea Times)
- KCNA's English editor unaccounted for two weeks after colorfully entitling news brief on Dear Leader's recent on-the-spot guidance at a textile factory, "Just a cotton picking minute" (AFP)
Post a Comment
Share your thoughts, but please be kind and respectful. My mom reads this blog.