Daewoo is sort of the bastard child of the mighty chaebol, so I don't expect too many people to get upset about Swedes buying out Daewoo Electronics. Now if it were LG or Samsung, on the other hand. Oh, and as a public service announcement, I'd like to remind everyone that there are nine more shopping months until Christmas.
- Sweden's Electrolux in bid for Daewoo Electronics (BBC, AP via WaPo, AFP)
- Seoul okays visit by North Korean tour operators to visit DPRK to stave of Pyongyang threat of asset confiscation (Yonhap, Korea Herald)
- Amidst calls for rethinking Roh-era agreement, USFK commander tells US House committee that operational control (OPCON) transfer is on schedule for 2012 (Yonhap)
- Seoul seeks arrest warrant for 27-year-old Korean-American English teacher on charges of growing and selling 20 million won worth of marijuana (Yonhap)
- South Korea to introduce international guidelines on livestock welfare (Yonhap)
- Speaking to an audience of Korea University students, former US President Jimmy Carter declares Pyongyang's belligerent rhetoric to be inconsequential, the real threat is the return of Voldemort (Reuters)
Post a Comment
Share your thoughts, but please be kind and respectful. My mom reads this blog.