- Keeping with strong UN economic sanctions against Pyongyang, Seoul significantly cuts quotas on eight North Korean agricultural goods (Yonhap, Korea Herald)
- South Korean exports in first three weeks of March jump 33.8 percent from year earlier (Yonhap)
- Kyŏnggi-do Province Governor Kim Moonsoo announces bid for re-election in June 2 poll (Yonhap, Korea Herald)
- ROK authorities ask US to tighten screening of travelers to South Korea after three passengers discovered with live ammunition at Inchon International Airport (Yonhap, Korea Herald)
- South Korea and China dominate at world championship short-track speedskating world championship in Bulgaria (AP via USA Today, Korea Times)
- Ministry of Culture releases annual cherry blossom package consisting of map showing blooming dates, travel information, and hardware store axe vouchers (Yonhap)
Monday, March 22, 2010
Daily Kor for March 22, 2010: Spring has sprung!
Another Yonhap day. I'm busy now watching the live video coverage of the healthcare debate going on in the House right now. It's a beautiful day outside, but it's always a beautiful day here, so I'm going to just keep watching. It's rather fascinating, but scary: One guy says this is a throwback to the Soviet Union.