Another Yonhap day. I'm busy now watching the live video coverage of the healthcare debate going on in the House right now. It's a beautiful day outside, but it's always a beautiful day here, so I'm going to just keep watching. It's rather fascinating, but scary: One guy says this is a throwback to the Soviet Union.
- Keeping with strong UN economic sanctions against Pyongyang, Seoul significantly cuts quotas on eight North Korean agricultural goods (Yonhap, Korea Herald)
- South Korean exports in first three weeks of March jump 33.8 percent from year earlier (Yonhap)
- Kyŏnggi-do Province Governor Kim Moonsoo announces bid for re-election in June 2 poll (Yonhap, Korea Herald)
- ROK authorities ask US to tighten screening of travelers to South Korea after three passengers discovered with live ammunition at Inchon International Airport (Yonhap, Korea Herald)
- South Korea and China dominate at world championship short-track speedskating world championship in Bulgaria (AP via USA Today, Korea Times)
- Ministry of Culture releases annual cherry blossom package consisting of map showing blooming dates, travel information, and hardware store axe vouchers (Yonhap)
No spring for Seoul yet - it's snowing right now!ReplyDelete