The Los Angeles Times has a list of they best paid Olympic athletes. Only one South Korean — Kim Yuna — made the list, but she's at the top... even though she is yet to compete in the Olympics, much less win a medal. She took in a reported $8 million last year.
Apolo Ohno isn't exactly slumming it, either. With endorsement deals and what-not, the guy took in a cool $1.5 million last year alone. This is on top of millions more dollars from past years, as well as his Dancing With the Smarm Stars turn.
Athlete (country), earnings
1. Shaun White (USA), $8 million
1. Kim Yu-Na (South Korea), $8 million
3. Lindsey Vonn (USA), $3 million
4. Ted Ligety (USA), $2 million
5. Apolo Anton Ohno (USA), $1.5 million
6. Bode Miller (USA), $1.3 million
7. Gretcher Bleiler (USA), $1 million
7. Lindsey Jacobellis (USA), $1 million
7. Hannah Teter (USA), $1 million
7. Maria Riesch (Germany), $ 1 million
Post a Comment
Share your thoughts, but please be kind and respectful. My mom reads this blog.